We kindly ask you to read these guidelines before submitting your abstract.
- You must be a registered delegate to present your paper at the conference if your abstract is accepted for presentation.
- Registration for the conference is not mandatory for the submission of an abstract.
- If you have any queries, please contact the ISG Secretariat at email@example.com
Topics for Abstract Submission :
- Small intestine
- Large intestine
- Biliary tract
- Motility disorders
- Pediatric gastroenterology
- Surgical gastroenterology
Important dates :
- Abstract Submission for ISGCON 2023: CLOSED
- Notification of abstract acceptance: September 31, 2023
Following are the session-wise requirements for the consideration of your paper -
- Plenary & Young Investigator Session: Upload the full manuscript including the abstract, figures, and tables in a single file in PDF format. The paper won't be taken into consideration for the Plenary & Young investigator session if the full manuscript is missing.
- Free Paper Session (Poster Session): Submit the abstract online on the ISG Abstract portal.
- Video Presentation (Endoscopy): Submit your video for endoscopy video session
Authors are requested to adhere to the following guidelines while preparing their abstracts. This will greatly facilitate the review process.
- Abstracts accepted will be published in the supplement issue of the Indian Journal of Gastroenterology.
- Abstracts must be original and must not have been published earlier or accepted for publication. If presented earlier in any other conference, please make a mention.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Abstracts submitted for presentation will be published exactly as received and should be checked for spelling and grammar prior to submission. It is the responsibility of the presenter/author to ensure that the abstract is submitted correctly.
- The full title of the abstract should be filled up in sentence case.
- Please provide the complete details of the presenting and corresponding author while submitting the abstract.
- Please put all the authors' names and institution names respectively in the sequence you would like to be presented in the abstract book.
- The length of the abstract body should not exceed 300 words. The online submission module will not accept abstracts that exceed this word limit.
- Please upload the complete abstract file in .doc file (including Title*, Authors*, Institution* and Abstract*).
- Abstract Title - Do not use any abbreviations.
- Please mention 3-4 keywords per abstract. Keywords should be arranged in alphabetic order.
Reference list entries should be numbered consecutively. Please include the names of all authors if up to six; if the number of authors exceeds 6, only the first 3 authors' names should be listed, followed by et al.
- Article title
- Abbreviated Journal title
- Volume number
- Page numbers - first and last
- Guzman-Prado Y, Samson O, Segal JP, Limdi JK, Hayee B. Vitamin D therapy in adults with inflammatory bowel disease: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2020;26:1819-30.
- You can revise the submitted abstract online till July 31, 2023
- After the closure of the abstract submission date, the editing option will not be available.
Acceptance of abstracts by the Scientific Committee does not imply permission to present the work at the conference. Presenting authors must register for the conference and pay the registration fees to attend the conference and make their presentations.
Technical Guidelines :
(DO NOT CLICK ON THE BACK BUTTON ON THE BROWSER DURING REGISTRATION - YOU MIGHT LOSE ALL YOUR DATA)
- Account creation: Account creation is mandatory to submit an abstract. If you forgot your password, you may request to send a reminder email. Please ensure to use the same email address as registered on the website.
- Submission of an abstract:
- Items marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory. The system will inform you if you have not fulfilled all the mandatory fields.
- Do not repeat the title of your abstract, authors' names, or headers of each field. It will be automatically added to your abstract.
- Please ensure that your abstract does not contain spelling, grammatical or scientific errors. The abstract's text will be reproduced exactly as submitted. No proofreading will be done.
- The format will be unified for all abstracts.
- Make sure to carefully check your abstract preview before the submission. Once you have completed all the required information, you will be able to submit your abstract using the "Proof and submit" button which will appear at the bottom of the page.
- Abstract once submitted cannot be modified.
- Do not open your abstract submission on multiple devices as they automatically back up every 5 minutes. This may erase data entered from another device.
- You will receive a confirmation email after the abstract submission with a preview of the abstract attached to the email.
- List of authors:
- Submitting author: A person who submits the abstract and who will receive all the communications about the presentation.
- Presenting author: A person who will present the abstract at the meeting and also be marked as the presenter in the scientific program.
- Co-author: A cited co-author is a person who scientifically endorses the abstract and is therefore responsible for its content.
- By clicking the "Add author" button, you can add co-authors to your abstract. The first author is automatically already entered but you can modify it.
- Please enter your full name (First, Middle, and Last name) in lowercase with the first letter capitalized.
- You can change the order of authors by rearranging the numbers.
- Conflict of interests: Authors and co-authors must declare any financial or any other interests of any company in connection with the study.
- Once the author submits the abstract, all the co-authors will be notified by email