ISG-Dr Rakesh Tandon Oration
Any member of ISG, with a distinguished career, can nominate another member of ISG.
Individual members can also apply for the prestigious award.
- The applicant should be a member of the Indian Society of Gastroenterology.
- The applicant should be of Indian Nationality.
- Work should have been done in India.
- Applicant should apply for only one award at a time.
- Number of years of Medical Professional Services rendered in India
- Academic positions held
- Contributions to Medical Education
- No. of years of mentoring
- No. of postgraduate students guided
- No of students who wrote research theses/dissertations under the person
- No. of students who did PhD, DM, DND under him
- Whether the nominee is a winner of any National/International awards in the field of medicine or Gastroenterology? If yes, Please specify
- Contributions to Medical Teaching / Examination System• Contributions to Medical Teaching / Examination System
- Details of involvement in new innovative methods in the fields of medical research/Teaching methodology/Examination schemes.
- Details of Outstanding services anywhere inside the country/outside.
|Criteria for selection
|Citations of 20 best publications
|Impact factors of 20 best publications
|Total Number of indexed publications
|Evidence of Independent research activity (corresponding authorship/PG thesis) Number of research grants/PhD
|Contribution to the Journals as reviewers/editors
|Number of books/chapters written/patents/innovations
|Contribution to ISG/Gastroenterology/Institution/country
|Contribution to teaching in India
- A certificate of honour and plaque will be presented during ISGCON.
- Cash award
- Please submit all the relevant details as per the above-mentioned criteria. This will help the judges to make an appropriate decision
- A write-up of 500 words for the award applied which justifies his/her eligibility for the award
- CV with Photograph (Max 250 Words)
Awardee will be selected by a panel of 3 Judges per award nominated by the ISG executive.
Judges should not be part of the ISG executive. Judge’s opinion will be conveyed to the executive for final approval.
- In case no nomination is received or no suitable applicant is found, the Governing Council along with a representative
of the Trust, (if required) will have the right to nominate any person who fulfils these criteria.