ISG-OM Prakash Rising Star Award
Any member of ISG can nominate another member of ISG, with a distinguished career, for ISG Rising Star Award. Individual members can also apply for the prestigious award
- The applicant should be a member of the Indian Society of Gastroenterology.
- The applicant should be of Indian Nationality.
- Work should have been done in India.
- Applicant should apply for only one award at a time.
Awardee will be selected by a panel of 3 Judges per award nominated by the ISG executive. Judges should not be part of the ISG executive.
Judges opinion will be conveyed to executive for final approval. Governing Council has the right to reject or nominate.
In case no nomination is received or no suitable applicant is found, the Governing Council will have the right to nominate any person who fulfils these criteria.
Specific Eligibility Criteria
- The nominee should have a distinguished academic career and should have made outstanding contributions in the field of Gastroenterology or related fields,
evidenced by original publications in indexed journals and other contributions in academics and research.
The award is based on the 10 best research papers published by the applicant.
Applicant should be below the age of 40 years on of 1st July of the year applied for the award.
|Criteria for selection
|Total Number of indexed publications
|Citations of 20 best publications
|Impact factors of 20 best publications
|Evidence of Independent research activity (corresponding
authorship/PG thesis) Number of research grants/PhD students.
|Contribution to the Journals as reviewers/editors
|Number of books/chapters written/patents/innovations
|Contribution to ISG/Gastroenterology/Institution/Country
|Contribution to Teaching in India
- A certificate of honour and plaque will be presented during ISGCON.
- Cash award
Please submit all the relevant details supporting the above-mentioned criteria. This will help the judges to make an appropriate decision.
- A write-up of 500 words for the award applied which justifies his/her eligibility for the award
- CV with Photograph (Max 250 Words)